SafeProfile collects your personal data in the following ways:
- By using cookies and measuring sessions
- By collecting data you provide when visiting SafeProfile's websites or using the SafeProfile app.
What are cookies?
When you visit SafeProfile's websites you will automatically receive one or more cookies. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your browser or device. Cookies are used to recognize users and to remember you from time to time.
Cookies make it easier for you to use our website by remembering some of your user preferences and settings.
What type of cookies do we use?
We use the following 4 types of cookies when you visit SafeProfile's websites:
- Necessary cookies: We place these cookies in order to optimize your experience using our websites and to make sure that the websites work properly.
- Preference cookies: We use preference cookies to remember your preferences from previous sessions on our websites, but also to track your geographical location.
- Statistical cookies: We use analysis cookies in order for us to measure, understand, improve and investigate our products. These cookies are used to analyse how you use our services, so we can create statistics to measure what functionalities are popular etc.
- Marketing cookies: We use marketing cookies in order for us market our products effectively by delivering relevant advertisements to potential cookies. These cookies are used to deliver ads and advertisements that fit the individual user and to measure the impact of such ads and advertisements.
What are we using cookies for?
SafeProfile is a digital product in the shape of the SafeProfile apps and related websites. For that reason, most of our business activity takes place online. Therefore, it is essential for us to ensure that our websites and app’s work as they should.
We collect data about when and how long you visit our websites, which pages you click on, if you have visited us before, and what services you seem to be more interested in than others.
In addition, we collect data about which browser and device you use as well as your IP address, in order to optimize which ads to present to you in potential subsequent marketing.
How long do we store cookies?
Some cookies remain on your device for a set period of time specified in the cookie. They are reactivated each time you visit our websites.
Other cookies, however, are temporary and are only stored during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
How to avoid cookies?
It is possible to avoid some types of cookies, although some cookies are necessary for the website to work properly.
Most browsers allow you to use Private Browsing, after which you can anonymously visit websites. In many cases, this will also limit the amount of cookies stored on your browser, to the cookies that are necessary for the website to function optimally.
How are cookies deleted?
If you want to delete cookies, you can do so in your browser settings.
All browsers allow you to either delete cookies individually or all at once. Below you will find a list of links with instructions on how to delete cookies for each of the most commonly used browsers. Remember to delete the cookies in all browsers if you use more than one.
Cookies from third parties and business partners
When you visit with SafeProfile’s website, SafeProfile places cookies on behalf of third parties and business partners.
- Third parties are services that provides content to the website in the form of video, submit forms, and chat functionality. In addition, third party applications are used to optimize our website experience based on the user behavior that we track on SafeProfile's websites. Such services are YouTube, Google Analytics and Hotjar.
SafeProfile respects all wishes for the confidentiality of personal data and we strive to ensure that all personal data is processed securely and appropriately.
What is personal data?
Personal data is any kind of information that can be attributed to natural persons, even though this requires knowledge of, for example, personal identification number, address etc.
A distinction is made between three types of personal data: "Sensitive Personal Data" and "personal data" and “personal data about criminal offences and convictions”.
- Sensitive Personal Data is information about race or ethnic origin, political, religious or philosophical beliefs or union affiliation, as well as the treatment of genetic or biometric data for the purpose of identifying a natural person, his or her’s health data and sexual orientation.
- Personal data is information that does not fall under the category of sensitive personal data. For example, personal identifiers such as name, address, financial data, commercial data about customers or more technical data such as IP addresses.
- Personal data about criminal offences and convictions, is data about any criminal offence and/or potential convictions, regardless of whether the offence has resulted in a liable and/or punishable offence. This type of data is separately defined in the Danish Data Protection Act.
What personal data do we collect?
SafeProfile collects different categories of personal data when using SafeProfile's websites.
Your data is obtained by SafeProfile in two ways, either when when you submit your personal data while using the SafeProfile's websites or app, or when SafeProfile collects the data when you visit our websites.
SafeProfile collects three categories of data when you use SafeProfile's websites and app:
- Profile Data: When you create a profile on our website or in our app, we collect the following personal data: Name, phone number, email, and address. This data is referred to by SafeProfile as Profile Data. SafeProfile also collects contact information such as your email when you subscribe to newsletters or otherwise provide information on SafeProfile's websites or app, whether by email or through our chat.
- Behavioral Data: When you visit our websites or use our app, we collect the following data about how you use our website or app: IP addresses, session data, and other data that helps us track your behavior on our websites or in our app. SafeProfile also collects data about the types of devices you use to interact with our websites. In addition, we also collect your geographical location. This information is referred to by SafeProfile as your Behavioral Data.
- Safe Data: You can request SafeProfile to obtain your personal data with a data controller or processor such as authorities, organizations, unions, and companies. The data you obtain using SafeProfile is referred to as Safe Data. SafeProfile will not share your Safe Data with any third party without your explicit consent. However, in some cases, SafeProfile may need to obtain a customer ID or reference number that can be used to identify you with the party who has your data.
Why do we collect personal data?
We collect your personal data to give you the best possible experience with our services and products.
By using SafeProfile’s Products you agree that SafeProfile can process the categories of personal data necessary in order to service, optimize, maintain, or develop our websites.
We use the personal data we collect for the following purposes:
- To register and sign you up as a user and to enable a secure login to our app.
- To send you newsletters and other relevant news.
- To understand the way you use our websites so we can improve and optimize them as well as develop new products and services.
- Let you send inquiries regarding data portability to companies, authorities, etc. that controls or processes your data.
- To make analysis and statistics about our customers, our market, our websites, and our services so we can better understand our customers, which enables us to offer new and improved products and services.
- To send notifications and service notifications, to deliver data and other information about data protection from one of your service providers and other security measures built into SafeProfile products.
- To send service notifications about data delivery, registration of data breach from one of your service providers, and other security measures built into SafeProfile’s products.
Note regarding data collected through APIs and third party services: Some of SafeProfile’s functionality, such as the email scanning wizard, relies on the use of APIs or third party services which have their own strict requirements regarding data privacy. Data obtained through these services is handled with special care so as to ensure compliance with the requirements of these third parties in addition to our own.
Who do we share your personal data with?
- Business Partners’ processing of profile and Behavioral Data: SafeProfile only shares your profile and Behavioral Data with trusted partners, such as marketing agencies, development consultants and other consultants, etc., who help us maintain, update, market or run our website, app, business, or service. These parties will only have access to your personal data to the extent necessary for the purposes of the cooperation and always with a contractual obligation to treat your personal data confidentially, and SafeOnline will not share any data other than your Profile Data and Behavioral Data.
- Third party services handling Behavioral Data to deliver marketing and advertising: Your Behavioral Data may also be shared with third party services in order to provide marketing, advertising or other similar services. These services include, but are not limited to: Facebook, Google AdWords, Bing, LinkedIn.
- Third party services handling Behavioral Data to make analyses and optimizations: In order to measure and optimize visits on our websites, your Behavioral Data is shared with third party services that can be used to optimize and improve our websites and products. Such services include for example: Google Analytics, Hotjar, Google Optimize, Bing, Facebook.
- Third party services processing your Profile Data to send newsletters: In order for us to send you newsletters, perform customer surveys, collect feedback on our services, as well as other communication, your Profile Data will be shared with, inter alia, following third party services; MailChimp and Typeform.
- Sharing of all data for safe storage: In order to protect your personal data against unauthorized access, all categories of your personal data are stored and processed by our IT Infrastructure provider, Microsoft Azure. You can read more about security under the "Protection of personal data".
- Sharing of data for legal reasons or in case of a dispute: We may share your data if we believe it is required by applicable law, regulation, operating agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns.
SafeProfile processes your personal data either on the basis of your agreed consent or if processing is necessary for us to fulfill a contract to which you are a party.
If the processing is based on your consent, you will be able to withdraw your consent, as described in the section "Your Rights".
If you do not wish to consent to our processing of your personal data, SafeProfile may refuse to grant you access to the services offered on SafeProfile's websites and to our app.
How long do we keep personal data?
SafeProfile stores the personal data that we collect when you create your profile or when you visit our websites or otherwise use our app for 5 years. Hereafter you will be asked whether you still wish to use our services, in which case we will continue processing your personal data.
When you terminate your account with SafeProfile or otherwise end your engagement with SafeProfile, your personal data will be stored for 2 years. After 2 years the data will be deleted.
Personal data obtained for the purpose of sending newsletters and updates about our products will be retained until you unsubscribe.
However, all personal data will always be deleted when the personal data is no longer relevant for the purpose for which it has been collected or, if a consent is withdrawn.
Read more about your rights as a data subject, as well as your options for deleting your personal data in the section below.
Protection of personal data
SafeProfile encrypts your personal data when it is in transit using 4096 bit HTTPS encryption. HTTPS is used for protection against unwanted tampering with digital communication. In this way, your data is secured against unauthorized access.
Once your data is stored, it is also encrypted with 4096 bits, on servers handled by our service provider Microsoft Azure. The servers are also encrypted, and under guard. The servers are physically located in Europe.
Your rights as a SafeProfile user
- As a data subject, you have the right to have your personal data deleted. SafeProfile, however, will in some cases reserve the right to either restrict or reject a deletion if the personal data in question is required in order for us to comply with applicable law or regulation or to defend a legal claim.
- As a data subject, you are entitled to insight as to what personal data we are processing about you. You can request a data extract at any time of all the data that we keep regarding your person. Your personal data will be delivered as soon as possible - however, always within 4 weeks.
- As a data subject, you are entitled to transfer your data to another data controller. Your data will be delivered to you electronically, so that you are able to transfer the data to another data controller/service provider.
- As a data subject, you are entitled to correct any inaccurate data we may process about you.
- As a data subject, you are entitled to withdraw a consent if you wish to stop or restrict our processing of your personal data.
Notification of breach of the protection of your personal data
In case of a security breach that may compromise your personal data, SafeProfile will notify you by email within 72 hours. The email will contain information about the extent of the security breach, what specific data that is affected, and what actions and plans that has been initiated to limit any possible harm or misuse of your personal data.
Inquiries about personal data
If you want to know more about the types of personal data we possess about you or have questions regarding the processing of your personal data, please contact SafeProfiles privacy officer, Sebastian Allerelli at mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to complain about SafeProfile's processing and/or use of your personal data, you can do so by contacting the authorities. In Denmark, the relevant government body is Datatilsynet, Borgergade 28, 5, 1300 Kbh K, tel. +45 33 19 32 00. See more at www.datatilsynet.dk
SafeProfile by Safe Online ApS
Danneskiold-Samsøes Allé 41
1434 Copenhagen K
Phone: + 45 27772737